As a matter of fact, Hotmail was one of the pioneers in the industry of email services and remains one of the most services worldwide. Today, it is known as Outlook and belongs to Microsoft. On this page, we will demonstrate to you how to complete the Hotmail sign in process and log in to the existing Hotmail account. But apart from that, this page contains a couple of other useful guides for your Hotmail account, as well.
Hotmail Sign In Step By Step
So, do you wish to sign in to your Hotmail account and view your inbox? Actually, this is something you can do in an easy and quick way. Here, we will demonstrate to you how to complete the Hotmail sign in process and access your Outlook account:
- First of all, you have to open browser on your laptop or PC and enter the Outlook website by clicking here:
- Once you have done that, you should click on the “Sign in” button, which you can see in the right-upper corner.
- Following it, you will get to see the Hotmail sign in form right away – you can start logging in to your Outlook account now. So, you need to enter your email address in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you have to enter your password and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Following it, you will be asked whether you would like to stay signed in to your account. If you prefer not to be asked about this again, don’t forget to check the box near “Don’t show this again.” Then, click on the “No” or “Yes” button.
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the inbox of your Hotmail account.
How to Access Hotmail on Mobile Phone
Of course, email is such a service that many people use it on the go, on smartphones and mobile devices. And one can absolutely say that using the official mobile app for that purpose is the most convenient way of accessing your Hotmail account. So, if you would like to download the official Hotmail app on your device, you can do it here:
How to Sign Out of Your Hotmail Account
Would you like to log out of your account on Outlook, but you have no idea how to do it? Don’t worry about that! Here, we will show you how to sign out of the Hotmail account within seconds, step by step.
- At first, you need to launch browser on your PC and head to your inbox on Outlook:
- There, you should click on your profile button, which is located in the right-upper corner.
- In a small dropdown box that has been triggered, you need to click on the “Sign out” button.
- Right after that, you will be redirected back to the main webpage of Outlook.com. So, this means that you have just signed out of your Hotmail account.
How to Recover Your Hotmail Password
In case you forgot the password from your Hotmail account, you should complete a quick recovery procedure. That, in turn, will allow you to regain control over your account. However, you must bear in mind that it would be best if your existing Hotmail account is linked to another email address or a phone number.
So, here is how you can recover your Hotmail account:
- In the first place, you need to launch your browser and access the Outlook website by clicking on this button:
- On the Hotmail website, you should click on the “Sign in” button – you are able to see it in the right-upper corner.
- Following it, you need to enter your email address in the provided field on the next page. Then, click on “Next.”
- Right after that, you have to click on the “Forgot password?” text button (see the image).
- On the next page, you will be offered to use a reserve email address (if your Hotmail account is linked to it). At that point, you need to enter that reserve email address in the given field and click on the “Get code” button.
- Once you have done that, you should go to the inbox of that reserve email address. There, you need to find a letter from Microsoft and copy the password reset code from that letter.
- Next, return to the Outlook page and paste that recovery code into the given field. Then, you should click on the “Next” button.
- Following that action, you will be offered to set up a new password for your Hotmail account at that stage. Now, you need to think of a reliable, strong password for your account. Actually, we recommend that this password includes both regular and capital letters, digits, and even special symbols.
- Once you have come up with a password, type it in both fields on that page. At the end, you need to click on the “Next” button in order to proceed further.
- Following it, you will access the inbox of your Hotmail account again. From that moment on, nevertheless, you will have to use this newly set password each time you will try to sign in to this Hotmail account of yours.
Hotmail was one of the first email services in the world, and it was launched back in 1996. At the time, it was a revolutionary product that allowed people to send messages to each other from their computers. The service quickly became popular, and by 1998, there were more than 10 million Hotmail users around the world. By the end of 1999, over 30 million users utilized this email service.
Over the years, Hotmail underwent several changes and improvements. In 2012, the product that was acquired by Microsoft back in 1997, eventually became part of the Outlook family of products, since Hotmail was eventually phased out in 2011. And since then, the service has become branded as Outlook, instead of the renowned “Hotmail” brand. Today, Outlook is one of the most popular email services in the world, with over a billion users all over the globe.
If you would like to register an email account on another service, you may consider checking out this Gmail sign up guide.