Considering that Yahoo is one of the world’s most popular email services and internet portals, you may well consider completing the Yahoo Mail sign up process. If you create a new Yahoo account, you will have access to the email service, as well as the other services by Yahoo on offer. Besides, this guide shows you how to enable a 2-step verification for your account and make it more secure!
Yahoo Mail Sign Up Step by Step
So, would you like to use all services available at Yahoo? In that case, you need to complete a fairly quick Yahoo Mail sign up procedure and create a new account. Actually, here we will demonstrate you how to create a new Yahoo account step by step:
- In the first place, you should launch your browser and click on the following button:
- On the Yahoo website, you need to click on the “Mail” button – you can see exactly in the right-upper corner of that website.
- Following it, you will be displayed the Yahoo login form. But instead of using it to access an existing Yahoo account, you need to click on the “Create an account,” on that page.
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the Yahoo Mail sign up form – you need to start filling it out in order to create a new account.
- At first, you need to enter your first and last name in the first fields there.
- Then, make up a unique username for your account and type it in the next field.
- Following it, you should also provide your phone number, birthdate, and gender (the latter is optional). Once you are done with filling out this Yahoo Mail sign up form, you should click on the “Continue” button.
- After doing that, you will be offered to verify your phone number. At that time, you need to enter your phone number in the given field and click on “Text me a verification code.”
- Then, you need to type that 5-digit verification code into the provided field on the Yahoo website and click on the “Verify” button.
- If the verification has been successful, you will get to see a notification about the successful account creation. After that, you can click on the “Done” button, and so you will get to see the inbox of your newly created email address right away.
How to Use Yahoo Account on Mobile Devices
Did you know that you actually can use your newly created Yahoo account on the go in an easy and convenient manner? For that purpose, you simply need to install the official app from Yahoo on your smartphone. So, if you would like to download and install this application, you can use the following links:
How to Enable 2-Step Verification
If you would like to make your Yahoo account more secure, we would recommend you to enable a 2-step authentication. This means that you will have to use your phone number to verify your login. Actually, the entire process is quite simple, and this is how you can apply the 2-step authentication feature to your Yahoo account:
- First of all, you should start by opening the browser on your PC or laptop and clicking on the following button:
- There, you need to click on the “Sign in” button in the right-upper corner. Then, use the Yahoo login form, enter your email and password there, and access the inbox of your account.
- Once you have done that, you need to click on the profile photo of your account, which you can see in the right-upper corner.
- In the dropdown box, you have to click on “Account info,” placed under your name and username.
- On the next page, you will get to see general information about your Yahoo account. In the menu placed on the left side of the page, you need to select “Account Security.”
- Right after that, you need to click on the “Turn on 2SV” text button near “2-Step Verification.”
- Following it, you will be displayed a notification explaining how this feature works. In order to proceed further, you need to click on the “Get started” button there.
- Next, you need to select which verification method you would like to use: phone number or security key. Let us, for example, choose “Phone number” at this point. Click on that option.
- On the following page, you will have to enter your phone number in the provided field and click on it.
- After doing so, you will receive a 5-digit verification code on your phone number. At that point, you need to enter it in the provided field and click on “Continue.” If you haven’t received the verification code at first, you may click on the “Resend” text button.
- Following that action, you will get a notification, saying that you have successfully enabled the 2-step verification feature. From that point on, you will have to use your phone number each time you will try logging in to your Yahoo account.
There are many different email providers available, but Yahoo is one of the most popular. It’s a great choice for personal and business use, thanks to its user-friendly interface and wide range of features. Plus, with Yahoo Mail you can access your account from any device or location.
People have been using Yahoo email for years because it is a reliable and convenient service. With spam filters, folders, and labels, users can easily keep their inboxes organized. Plus, Yahoo provides plenty of storage space for all of your messages.
As one of the most popular email service providers and internet portals, Yahoo has been around for over 20 years. Throughout that time, they’ve continuously updated their services and features to make sure their users have the best experience possible. Whether you’re looking for a powerful email client, a way to stay connected with friends and family, or just some good old-fashioned internet browsing, Yahoo has you covered. Plus, with their new mobile app, it’s easier than ever to stay connected on the go!