In this detailed guide, we will show you how to complete the Facebook sign up process step by step. So, if don’t have an account yet or you would like to create a new Facebook account, we are going to assist you in doing that, with the help of these guidelines. Besides, here you can learn a few other useful things about managing your Facebook account.
Facebook Sign Up Instructions: Create New Account Step By Step
If you are one of those rare people who don’t have a Facebook account yet or you would like to create a new one, you can set up a new account in this social network. In this part of the page, we will show you how to complete this Facebook sign up process step by step. So, you need to follow these guidelines for that purpose:
- Actually, you should start the process by launching your browser and clicking on the following button:
- Once you have accessed the main webpage of Facebook, you need click on the green “Create new account” button (you can see it on the right side of the page).
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the Facebook sign up form. Now, you need to fill it out in order to get started on Facebook.
- So, start by entering your first and last name in the first few fields. Then, enter your email address or phone number in the next field.
- Following it, create a password and enter it in the field. Also, you need to specify your birthday and gender. Once you have filled out this Facebook sign up form, you need to click on “Sign Up” in order to proceed further.
- Then, you need to go to your email inbox (or open SMS messages on your smartphone) and find a letter from Facebook there. Copy that one-time security code and paste into the given field on the Facebook page. Next, click on “Continue.”
- Once you have done that, you will access your newly set up Facebook account. From that moment on, you will be able to access it using your email address/phone number and password.
- Now, you can start filling out your profile. For that purpose, you need to click on your profile icon and name in the left-upper corner. Then, you can click on “Add Bio,” “Edit details,” “Add Hobbies,” “Add Featured,” and so on, and start filling up this information.
How to Use Facebook on Smartphones
If you would like to access your Facebook account on a mobile device, it is more convenient to do so via the official Facebook app. Even though this mobile application is usually pre-installed on smartphones, there may be a situation in which there will be no Facebook application on your smartphone. So, if you would like to download this app on your smartphone, use one of the following links:
How to Log Out of Facebook
Have you accessed your Facebook account from a laptop or PC that doesn’t belong to you? Or you, for some reason, want to sign out of your Facebook account? In that case, here we will show you how to log out of your Facebook account in a few simple steps.
- At first, you have to open the browser and access Facebook webpage by clicking on the following button:
- Once you have got to see your account on Facebook, you can start the process of logging out of your account. For that, you need to click on the “Account” button – you can see it exactly in the right-upper corner of that page.
- In the dropdown menu that has just been opened, click on the “Log out” option there.
- Following it, you will get to see the main page of Facebook again, but you will be logged out of your account at this point.
- Additionally, you are able to remove your account from “Recent Logins,” so it can’t be accessed by anyone else without entering password. In order to do this, just click on the “x” sign on the left-upper corner of the account’s profile photo, under “Recent Logins.”
- After doing so, you will have to enter your email address/phone number and password in order to access this account.
What Is Facebook?
So, you’ve heard of Facebook? It’s a social networking site that has over 2 billion users worldwide. Founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and classmates from Harvard University, it grew rapidly to become one the most popular sites on earth with many people entering the site every day for some part or another – whether they are just checking up how their friends have been doing lately; sharing content such as photos and videos, talking back & forth through messages during live video chats called “video conferences” hosted inside Messenger.
The rise of mobile devices and reduced reliance on desktop computing means that people are now using their smartphones or tablets instead for everything from browsing content online, to watching videos via YouTube channels (like PewDiePie, a Swedish game player who records his daily life activities while playing video games). So, there is no surprise in the fact that the popularity of the Facebook mobile application has increasingly grown during the last decade.
Facebook has been the subject of recent controversy. The social media site is under fire for allowing fake news sites to operate, along with an increase in hate speech and violence on their platform. And even though the social media platform has struggled to address these issues, its popularity is still growing worldwide.